Tag Archives: Happiness
This is the guy
Who calls you fat as a jest
Who makes you feel the prettiest
Who slapped you on your birthday
Who takes a stand for you everyday
Who shoved you down on Diwali night
Who cooked for you when you not feeling alright
Who is so nasty that u think you will break
Who is there for you when everyone walks away
Whose angry words hurt you deep down to the core
Whose words can make you heal and become whole
Who makes you smile and fills your life with sunshine
Who makes your life hell and fills it with tears of pain
Who makes you feel safe
Who makes you quiver in fear
Who you want to live with
Who you want to run away from
He is a demon
He is your angel
He is the same guy.
Two sides of the same coin.
Choose. Decide. Live.
Somehow I can’t cross a florist without clicking snaps of the bright blossoms … Flowers specially the brightly coloured ones never fail to attract my attention …
I have grown up in a place with a big garden with a variety of flowers … My earliest memories are of my mum waking me up early in the morning for a nice long walk while collecting the pretty flowers in my basket … It used to be cold and foggy with the sun peeking behind the clouds and Mum and me picking flowers. My mom loves arranging flowers in vases. As a child I watched her lovingly choose flowers and arrange them creatively to make beautiful arrangements .
The absolute delight on her face when she gets the arrangement perfect is priceless … I have grown up watching her tend to her garden and find joy in the nature’s blooms but somehow arranging flowers and making perfect bouquets was never my thing. I just watched and admired.
Flowers are of much importance in my home ( ie my maternal home) … Flowers are given to say sorry or for a thank you. Flowers are gifted for birthdays or anniversaries … Any festival or a special day is incomplete without flowers … For my mom when words fail you speak with flowers and she understands … The most sure shot way to ‘patao’ or ‘manao’ mum is to give her a big bunch of lilies …
Flowers remind me of mum , my native place and the lovely morning walks and take me back to the times of innocence and bliss…
Sharing with you the a snap of flowers at the florist today …
Keeping in tune with the Valentine Day mood I am going to tell you guys the story about how I met my best friend and the love of my life H.
It was about 8 years ago and I was having a pretty horrible day at my college and I was hurrying downstairs with a architectural model in my hand almost in tears. My skill at model making was limited and this one was precariously hanging on its base. My professor had yelled at me over this model on which I had spent the last 48 hours working . So I was just trying to get out of the campus without anyone else noticing my disastrous attempt at model making.
Just as I was at the gate I heard someone mentioning my name and I don’t know why but I turned towards that unfamiliar voice.There in front of me was a stranger asking the hottest girl in my college if she was Ana from the 1st year. That girl looked almost offended to be mistaken to a plain jane like me & just shook her head and pointed towards me.And I was just standing there with the model in hand while the stranger walked towards me. He smiled at me and said ‘ Hi, I am H . I am your cousin S’s friend . I have a small parcel for your parents.S had sent it with me as I was coming to college today for some work and you studied here ‘
While taking the small box and managing to hold on to the model I asked if he studied here as well.He said he just finished his graduation from the same college and had come over to collect some papers.Then I noticed him staring at the model. I flushed. He simply asked ‘Is this your work?’ I was embarrassed and angry about it so I just snapped ‘why would I be carrying it otherwise ?’ He looked more amused than offended and smiled and left . I suddenly felt stupid and rude. I don’t do this with people and here I was being rude to a total stranger whom I was now realising was a very very cute one.
After few months it was my cousin S ‘s wedding and I was all decked up and having fun with my other cousins .And there was H walking through that door. He looked breath taking in white kurta and I was openly staring .He didn’t even notice me.Later when I was hogging on pani puris I was surprised to find him standing next to me looking amused at my apparent relish in trying to gobble down one big puri. We both broke into a laugh and that’s how we started talking …
Then one thing led to another and soon we were dating each other …
So that’s the beginning of the most beautiful chapter of my life ….
Wishing you all a very happy valentine day !!! And hope you celebrate your love and make each other feel special everyday as if it were a valentine day …
I am sick of not knowing what to do when I am bored, tired or sad so making my own personal list of things that are sure to improve my mood .Hoping to keep it handy so that it will act like a motivation when I really need it. Will keep adding on to it.
- Smile on the faces of my loved ones
- Playing with Dogs
- Unexpected compliments
- Being able to bring a smile to someone else’s face
- Being loved by people who will love me no matter what
- Reading interesting books
- Manicures & pedicures
- Receiving handwritten love notes (Sadly I never get them)
- Romantic candle light dinners (Haven’t done that in a long long time)
- Being appreciated for who I am
- Laughing with friends & generally being silly (I do that lots)
- A good restful sleep
- Strawberry slush…Yummy…
- Amazing chicken Biryani/Curry or rather anything that tastes real good
- Snuggling up in a comfy blanket
- Organizing a new handbag
- Making my parents proud
- Hugs & kisses
- Vacations after hectic work schedule
- Cuddling up and watching a good movie with husband.(Am smiling just thinking about it)
- Getting a new hairstyle that makes me look stunning
- Surprise wild life sightings
- Spending quality time with family
- Laughing so hard that my stomach hurts
- Slipping into comfy pajamas after a long tiring rough day
- Nicely wrapped up surprise gifts
- Free stuff
- Unexpected day off at work
- Breakfast in Bed (Husband does that for me when he is in a very good mood)
- Making lists (Now you’ll know why my blog is filled with them)
- Warm Baths
- Full Body Massage (Relaxing)
- Perfect Hair Days
- Brightly colored nail polishes (Oooh I love them)
- Jumping in rain puddles(I Know it’s silly but I have lots of fun doing it)
- Downloading a fun new app for my phone.
- Having a truly lazy day…With nothing to do.
- Finishing a particularly difficult puzzle (I also feel smart and intelligent then)
- Being on a shopping spree with no spending limit (Alas!!! this never happens. But the idea of it makes me happy)
- Having a productive day at work
- Good conversations with like-minded people
- Losing weight (Oh yeah)