- Reading – I am a book worm who devours books rapidly
- Typing – I seriously type very fast
- Sleeping – I can win a championship for sleeping
- Making lists – Half of my posts are the list types … I guess that proves it
- Eating – One look at me and you will believe
- Giving dirty looks – Ask my husband and he will tell you all about it as most of the times he is the recipient.
- Being sarcastic – It is my forte
- Dancing – I might not be an expert like a professional dancer but I can dance pretty well
- Jigsaw puzzles – Oh yeah I am an expert
- Planning itenary for a trip -I always plan trips for friends and family
- Bookworm– the game – It’s my most favorite game
- Organizing handbag,drawers , almost anything – I love putting things in place and hence my expertise.
Category Archives: Lists
1) Going out for long walks
2) Listening to audiobooks
3) Game of thrones – I am totally completely addicted to the book series
4) Painting my toenails in bright colors ( well I always loved doing that but nowadays I actually have time for it )
5) Putting on a face pack ( home made – see I am taking a lot of effort for a pimple free face)
6) Cleaning and organising my kitchen( that surprises even me because people who know me can vouch that I go into the kitchen only when it is absolutely essential )
7) Catching the 9 PM movie on the TV
8) Under the Dome – I was never a fan of Stephen King novels but this serial has got me totally hooked
9) Diane Chamberlain novels – I don’t know why it took me so long to discover her books but now that I have I am going to read all of them.
10) Just doing nothing and enjoying my own company
It’s been ages that I sat down to write a blog … Too many things happening and too fast … There were so many things to write about and I just could get myself to sit down and put it up on the paper …
But now this year I have decided to get back to blogging and stick to it .So here ‘s me giving you a gist of my life in January 2014 … It’s a bullet post .I know I am a little rusty but please bear with me…
Here it goes :
– I could actually maintain a food diary for a month … ( happy dance )
– I didn’t drink areated drink . Nope I didn’t cheat even once. I could sit in an restaurant and ignore the bottle of limca even if it was placed in front of me. How is that for self control ??? ( I usually start drooling at the sight of a nice chilled Limca / Coke bottle )
– I saw 5 movies that I had not seen before and read two new books. I have decided to make a note of these things in my diary. I plan to watch 100 movies by the end of this year. Actually it means watching about 2 movies per week which is kinda do- able.So that’s the plan.
– The shopaholic gene in me got activated when the sales started and I braved the crazy crowds during the republic day and went to the mall. Window shopped mostly because the queue to the trial rooms was endless. But got some really pretty earrings from Accessorise.
– My home is looking super messed up because I haven’t been on my usual dusting and cleaning chores for a month. There is a thin layer of dust everywhere now and I completely hate it but with the stressful days in office I don’t have the energy to do the chores after work.
– January has been a pretty good month as regards to my health ( touch wood) … Not painful tooth extractions … No icky gynaec procedures … So thankful for that.
– I bought a bright pink lipstick and wear it almost everyday … ( I don’t wear cosmetics often and so it deserves a special mention)
– I completely totally hate my job at my current office. Yes, I realised it this month. It’s been there on somewhere deep down but some incidents just brought it to surface .My job situation deserves a whole post by itself so I won’t elaborate further on it.
– I invented my own recipe and made a brocholli & baby corn stir fry sabzi and it was super yummy … I am turning into quite a cook … So proud of myself when I like my own cooking .
– I dragged H to my cousin P ‘s first haldi kum kum. Usually it’s a ladies only event but my poor brother in law was stuck in the middle of all the ladies and desperately needed rescuing so I made H come along. Had a lot of fun there. And I got two spoons as a return gift …
Well that’s all I could come up for the month of January ….So that’s that …
Hope you haven’t fallen asleep yet …
As the year 2012 comes to an end I thought of making a list things I would remember the most about this year.So here it goes :
- A colleague slowly and steadily became my best friend.My strength and support and reason for all the fun I have in office .God bless u S !!!
- Mom went through an surgery and came out strong. I thank God from the bottom of my heart !!!
- Enjoyed my work.Learnt so many new things , excelled in some , failed in some but overall an very good experience
- My little sister got married to the guy she loves.And in return I got a brother in law whom I love and adore… Awww !!!
- Went to a winery for a romantic weekend with H…Wine, sunset , holding hands …Amazing !!!
- Started writing a blog…got introduced to the world of blogging …Enjoying every minute of it!!!
- Another magical year spent with H.A roller coaster ride with all its screams and shouts but loads of fun too…
- Started making interesting salads for H. Nothing elaborate but since he loves them I feel proud of my culinary skills.
- Read a lot of new books on my kindle ( Oh yeah n bought a kindle with my own hard earned money)
- Spent awesome time with my iPhone 4 ( I love you my darling phone )
- With the new camera I got recently I am now introduced to the art of clicking good photographs…
- One of my closest aunts passed away.May she rest in peace.
- Joined a post graduate certificate course in one of the most reputed universities in India.Proud to get in .
- Planned a birthday party for my maternal grand mother and gave her lot of fun gifts.The look on her face was priceless.
- Went though lots of ups and downs in office but survived it and gained a lot of experience.
- Spent the year being in the company of people I love and care about and that’s a year well spent .
Marriage for me till now has been like an roller coasters ride.There have been ups and downs ,screams and shouts but I am really glad that I got on.I thought it would be fun to share with you some really funny,interesting & introspective quotes on marriage
- Marriage is the most expensive way of discovering your faults.
- A successful marriage requires falling in love many times,always with the same person
- Keep your eyes wide open before marriage and half shut afterwards.
- Marriage has many pains ; but celibacy has no pleasures.
- What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility.
- A man doesn’t know what happiness is until he’s married. By then it’s too late.
- When a man marries a woman, they become one–the trouble starts when they try to decide which one.
- Love: A temporary insanity curable by marriage.
- A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
- A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband.
- All men make mistakes, but married men find out about them sooner.
- Marriage is nature’s way of keeping us from fighting with strangers.
- Marriage is not about age; it’s about finding the right person.
- Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other who never forgets them.
- Men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage – they’ve experienced pain and bought jewelry.
- Where there’s marriage without love, there will be love without marriage.
- When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife.
- Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.
- It takes a loose rein to keep a marriage tight.
- Marriage is a lottery in which men stake their liberty and women their happiness.
- Marriage is nature’s way of ensuring that a woman picks up some mothering experience before she has her first child.
- Marriage is a bribe to make the housekeeper think she’s a householder
- Men have a much better time of it than women. For one thing, they marry later; for another thing, they die earlier
- Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that’s a real treat.
- No man is truly married until he understands every word his wife is NOT saying.
- Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing.
- Common sense is not so common.
- The waiting period for rickshaw is directly proportional to weight of shopping bags in your hands.
- Any kind of food that tastes delicious and looks amazing is not healthy for you.
- Passport /Driving license photos are the worst pictures of you ever taken.
- Bad decisions make good stories.
- It s not the clothes that make you look fat …Its all you…
- Fat people snore more than thin people…
- People who snore usually fall asleep first.
- The last few minutes of exams is the time when you remember most of the answers and there is hardly any time left to write.
- Fact is stranger and more complex than fiction.
- Growing older is compulsory….Growing up is optional….
- It is generally very difficult to distinguish boredom and hunger.
- Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
- Bitching & Gossip is one of the major stress busters for women of all ages.
- People would be so much slimmer and healthier if they had to actually catch their own chicken before they cook and eat it.
- The toughest part of dieting is not watching what you eat but watching what your friends eat.
I am sick of not knowing what to do when I am bored, tired or sad so making my own personal list of things that are sure to improve my mood .Hoping to keep it handy so that it will act like a motivation when I really need it. Will keep adding on to it.
- Smile on the faces of my loved ones
- Playing with Dogs
- Unexpected compliments
- Being able to bring a smile to someone else’s face
- Being loved by people who will love me no matter what
- Reading interesting books
- Manicures & pedicures
- Receiving handwritten love notes (Sadly I never get them)
- Romantic candle light dinners (Haven’t done that in a long long time)
- Being appreciated for who I am
- Laughing with friends & generally being silly (I do that lots)
- A good restful sleep
- Strawberry slush…Yummy…
- Amazing chicken Biryani/Curry or rather anything that tastes real good
- Snuggling up in a comfy blanket
- Organizing a new handbag
- Making my parents proud
- Hugs & kisses
- Vacations after hectic work schedule
- Cuddling up and watching a good movie with husband.(Am smiling just thinking about it)
- Getting a new hairstyle that makes me look stunning
- Surprise wild life sightings
- Spending quality time with family
- Laughing so hard that my stomach hurts
- Slipping into comfy pajamas after a long tiring rough day
- Nicely wrapped up surprise gifts
- Free stuff
- Unexpected day off at work
- Breakfast in Bed (Husband does that for me when he is in a very good mood)
- Making lists (Now you’ll know why my blog is filled with them)
- Warm Baths
- Full Body Massage (Relaxing)
- Perfect Hair Days
- Brightly colored nail polishes (Oooh I love them)
- Jumping in rain puddles(I Know it’s silly but I have lots of fun doing it)
- Downloading a fun new app for my phone.
- Having a truly lazy day…With nothing to do.
- Finishing a particularly difficult puzzle (I also feel smart and intelligent then)
- Being on a shopping spree with no spending limit (Alas!!! this never happens. But the idea of it makes me happy)
- Having a productive day at work
- Good conversations with like-minded people
- Losing weight (Oh yeah)