Monthly Archives: March 2014
- Cooking is an essential skill. You don’t have to be a gourmet chef but you should be able to cook edible food without burning down the kitchen
- Your home will look neat & tidy only if you put an effort into it. There is no genie who is going to fix up your place while you are working in your office.
- Finding a good maid and cook is a very very difficult task and one of utmost importance for your mental & physical well being.
- Making grocery lists and shopping list is unavoidable if you don’t want to come back to an empty fridge after a hard day at work.
- You need to make budgets and learn to manage your finances. It is not okay to spend a major chunk of your salary on a gorgeous bag.
- Even if you find a maid, supervising her work is important otherwise you might have some missing spoons or other household items and your biggest worry would be if you confront her you will lose the maid and will have to do all the household stuff yourself.
- Get Annual Maintenance Contracts done for your home equipment. Saves a lot of headache if any of them give trouble later.
- Having at least cordial relationship with your neighbors is necessary. You never know for what you might need help
- Time management is very important as bills are not going to wait for you and neither are the maids.
- Don’t get overwhelmed or hyper. Breathe. Take one thing at a time. Finish it and then move on to the next thing.
- Prioritize and Schedule. (This part I love. Making schedules and charts , my favorite thing)
- Get rid of the Clutter and stop hoarding. This gives you less things to clean and house looks tidy.
- Respect your Mother and all the other Home makers. They do a wonderful job.
- Remember that you are not a super woman. You won’t be able to do everything right at the same time so don’t be too hard on yourself if you feel you are not as good as your mum. Just do the best you can with all your sincerity.
- You need used to the idea that managing a house is not a piece of cake. It needs time and effort. It means work. No one is going to thank you and you are not going to get an increment or a promotion because you do it well but you still need to learn it and do it well for yourself and your loved ones. It’s your home. Love it and take care of it.
- The home that lived in
- Everything is at about a 10 min driving distance. So friends and family are never far away
- Everybody knows everybody.(That is also very annoying at times.)
- The beaches. Beautiful sandy beaches.
- Being close to nature.
- The bhelpuri (I live in Mumbai now but I swear the bhelpuri in my hometown is the best)
- My school.
- Local Food. Its fresh and super yummy.
- It’s nice, quiet ,cozy and safe
- Its where my heart still lives.
This is the guy
Who calls you fat as a jest
Who makes you feel the prettiest
Who slapped you on your birthday
Who takes a stand for you everyday
Who shoved you down on Diwali night
Who cooked for you when you not feeling alright
Who is so nasty that u think you will break
Who is there for you when everyone walks away
Whose angry words hurt you deep down to the core
Whose words can make you heal and become whole
Who makes you smile and fills your life with sunshine
Who makes your life hell and fills it with tears of pain
Who makes you feel safe
Who makes you quiver in fear
Who you want to live with
Who you want to run away from
He is a demon
He is your angel
He is the same guy.
Two sides of the same coin.
Choose. Decide. Live.